Cancer Treatment Center in Gunnison Valley
Care & Compassion for Those Dealing with Cancer
A cancer diagnosis is among the most difficult to receive. Concern, fear,
and confusion are just a few of the emotions that come into play; emotions
that affect the patient and everyone close to them.
We understand that cancer is a lot to handle. That's why we offer personalized
chemotherapy treatment in a calm, comfortable setting, right here in Gunnison County.
Chemotherapy Provided Locally
Nothing is easy for cancer patients. As treatment progresses they often
experience fatigue and need help getting to and from treatment. Traveling
long distances just adds to the burden, particularly in winter, which
is one of the reasons why Gunnison Valley Health opened our Cancer Care Center.
Treatments take place in a quiet, private environment and we work to treat
each patient as an individual. Simple things-such as arranging treatments
at times that work for the patient and their families, and giving cell
phone numbers for questions that come up after hours-are just part of
how we deliver care. Since we work with physicians in other communities,
part-time residents can continue therapy during their time in the Valley.
Highest Standard of Care from Dedicated Specialists
The Gunnison Valley Health oncology team includes:
- Eric Schmidt, M.D., an oncologist who is board certified in oncology and
- Allan Miller, M.D., who is board certified in oncology and hematology
Working together, these two doctors are able to meet with new patients
and check in with those already receiving treatments in Gunnison. Gunnison
Valley Health is fortunate to have acquired two physicians who are skilled
in the latest cancer treatment protocols and are well known for spending
extra time with patients and their families.
The Cancer Treatment Center is supported by Chuck Turner, RN, who is dedicated
to serving oncology patients full-time. Mr. Turner is the department director
and is certified as an oncology nurse with over 10 years' experience.
Mr. Turner is passionate about providing personalized care for patients
before, during, and after treatment.
Meet Our Cancer Care Team
More about Eric W. Schmidt, M.D.:
- Loyola Stritch School of Medicine
- Internship at the Yale-New Haven Hospital, St. Raphael Campus, New Haven, CT
- Residency and Fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, WI
More about Allan M. Miller, M.D.:
- Purdue University, Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- University of Minnesota, Graduate Degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Medical Degree
- Indiana University Hospitals, Internship & Residency
- Beth Israel Hospital's Harvard School of Medicine, Fellowships in Hematology
More about Chuck Turner, R.N., BSN, OCN:
- Western State College
- Regis University, Denver, CO
The team treats multiple types of cancers such as breast, lung, colon,
ovarian, prostate, and brain tumors. Gunnison Valley Health oncology also
treats blood malignancies such as leukemias, lymphomas, and different
kinds of myeloma.
For an appointment, please
call the Cancer Treatment Center
at our Gunnison Valley hospital.