COVID-19 Community Testing
Thanks to generous support from COVIDCheck Colorado, we have expanded our hours.
Testing is available Monday to Friday, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 1:30
– 4:00 p.m.
All testing occurs in the drive-through tent located in the hospital parking lot.
You can schedule a time for testing online or by calling 970-641-3244.
Schedule Your Free COVID Test
Walk-ins are accepted for single individuals. If you need to have multiple
people tested, please make an appointment.
- Testing is a nasal swab PCR test
- Results are guaranteed in 72 hours or less
- When you arrive for testing please remain in your car, wear a mask and
do not bring your dogs
For individuals requiring testing for surgeries: Contact the Gunnison Valley Health Admissions department to schedule
testing. You will need to know ahead of time if a rapid NAAT test or a
send-out PCR test is required by your surgeon. When you have that information,
please call 970-642-4766. Also, understand that this is a screening test,
which will be billed through your insurance, just like any other pre-surgical lab work.
You will need to obtain an order from your physician that includes the
The order must indicate the type of COVID test required. The two testing
options are a rapid test (same day results) or a send-off PCR test (these
take about 3 days for results).
- If your provider requires a PCR test, please schedule accordingly.
- If your provider sends an order that does not specify the type of test
needed, you will be responsible for contacting them to update the order.
- The orders should be faxed to the Gunnison Valley Health Admissions Department
- The order must include a good fax number for the provider in order for
us to fax the results.
If you have no symptoms of COVID-19 and need a PCR test for work or travel
a self-swab test is available at Gunnison Valley Health for $150. This
walk-in testing option is available Monday to Friday from 7:30 to 11:00
a.m. at the main entrance of the hospital.
Learn more about the self-swab test.
Need COVID-19 Vaccine information?
COVID-19 Antibody Testing
Gunnison Valley Health offers the Abbott SARS-CoV-2 IgG test which is designed
to detect antibodies in a blood sample that would indicate a person may
have a current or prior COVID-19 infection. This test requires a doctor’s
order and is run through their insurance. With the doctor's order,
this test is available at the north entrance from 7:30 A.M. to 6 P.M Monday
Call us at 970-641-1456 if you have further questions.
Antibody test fast facts
- Doctor's order required.
- $0 up-front cost. Covered by some insurance.
- Available 7:30 A.M. to 6 P.M, Monday through Friday.