Helping you get back to your Life
At Gunnison Valley Health, our Occupational Therapists work with people
of all ages and at all stages of life to help them get back to their meaningful
everyday activities. Whether you are a child with motor skill difficulties,
an adult recovering from a brain injury, or an older adult, overcoming
a health setback, we are here for you.
What is Occupational Therapy?
Your life is made up of occupations – meaningful everyday activities.
These occupations can include many roles, such as cooking a meal, getting
dressed, using a computer, or engaging with family and friends. Generally,
we don’t consider these daily occupations until they become difficult.
Our Occupational Therapists work with you on your goals to help you achieve
your meaningful day-to-day activities.
What we do at Gunnison Valley Health:
Gunnison Valley Health’s Occupational Therapists evaluate, treat
and create an individualized plan for the following diagnoses or difficulties:
- Stroke, concussion, or brain injury
- Hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder injuries including arthritis
- Memory and thinking strategies for daily tasks (e.g., managing medicine,
- Vision and low vision therapy (e.g., macular degeneration, double vision)
- Pain management
- Mental health and wellness
- Assistive technology for support in school or work
- Wheelchair assessments and training
- Manual therapy and soft tissue work
- Splinting for upper extremity injuries
- Return to self-care (e.g., dressing, bathing)
- Fall prevention and home safety strategies for older adults
- Return to work or the community (e.g., volunteering, using public transport)
- Parkinson’s training with LSVT BIG
- Pediatrics (e.g., sensory processing & developmental delays)
How do I Schedule an Appointment?
Ask your doctor for a referral to Gunnison Valley Health’s Occupational
Therapy team and schedule an appointment with us by calling
970-641-7248 or fill out the form below.