Post-Concussion Therapy and Education at Gunnison Valley Health
Every day, new research from throughout the globe points to the significant
impacts a concussion, or multiple concussions, can have on brain health.
We live in an active community and the activities we participate in can
easily lead to concussions. Knowing this, here at Gunnison Valley Health
we are committed to leading the way in awareness, prevention, and treatment
Our Concussion Team is lead by physical therapist Kristin Grimes, DPT.
Kristin is the only Neurologic Certified Specialist in western Colorado.
She brings a wealth of knowledge and a passion for brain health to her work.
Post Concussion Therapy Services
Our post-concussion therapy team features:
- Thorough evaluation of post-concussion symptoms with referrals to additional
services as needed
- Systematic return to play protocol education
- Coordination with primary physicians and school systems
- Detailed education for parents, caregivers, coaches, and patients to promote
a therapeutic environment for optimal healing
- Community outreach to promote concussion awareness
- Post-concussion monitoring
- Treatment of oculomotor/vestibular impairments, balance problems, and head
and neck pain
Gunnison Valley Health Rehabilitation and Athletic Medicine Services
– Post Concussion Therapy –
711 North Taylor Street | Gunnison, CO 81230 | 970-641-5694