Obstetrics at Gunnison Valley Health in Colorado
Our women's health services at Gunnison Valley Health center around patients. We've worked to build the most complete care center possible in order to serve clients in the Gunnison Valley. In this way, our patients do not have to go far in order to have access to the quality healthcare they need and deserve. For more information about the services offered at our Gunnison Valley hospital, please contact our office today.
What Does an Obstetrician Do?
Obstetrics is the branch of medicine that deals directly with pregnancy and childbirth. Our women's health services offer obstetrics services. We staff obstetricians Sherry Niccoli, M.D., FACOG and Timothy D. Bonney, M.D., FACOG. Both of these professionals are trusted and experienced, and board certified by the American Board of Obstetricians & Gynecologists.
An obstetrician may perform various procedures and services including but not limited to:
- Ultrasound & Monitoring - The obstetrician will conduct regular ultrasounds with the mother to ensure that the child is developing normally.
- Delivery - In a normal birth, the obstetrician will assist the mother in delivery, monitoring both mother and child throughout.
- Episiotomy - An obstetrician may help the mother by expanding the birth canal with strategically placed cuts over the perineum.
- C-Section - A Caesarean or C-section procedure is the surgical removal of the baby, and is sometimes necessary in instances where a natural delivery would be dangerous to mother or child.
- Assisted Delivery - A prolonged delivery may call for assisting services such as forceps delivery and vacuum assistance.
- External Cephalic Version (ECV) - In some cases, when the baby is not in the proper birthing position, the obstetrician may help the baby get in position using outside manipulation techniques.
Contact Gunnison Valley Health today to learn more about our women's health services or to schedule an appointment.