(also known as the Swing Bed Program)
Gunnison Valley Health's Transitional Care Program provides skilled
nursing care and/or rehabilitative services after an acute hospital stay.
Depending on a patient's needs, their physician will order appropriate
rehab services to facilitate their ongoing recovery after their hospitalization. This
may include Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Skilled Nursing Care.
The ultimate goal of the Transitional Care Program is to safely return
patients to their previous living situation. Nurses and therapists can
assist in identifying any equipment needs or support services at home
that a patient may need. Sometimes patients and families desire home modifications
as recommended by the therapist prior to returning home.
Part of the daily routine will be to dress and groom as a patient would
do so at home. Please have comfortable clothing on hand. A good pair of
walking shoes is important for safety. If a patient has hobbies or activities
at home that they would enjoy while here, feel free to talk to the nurse
or therapist about bringing those items in.
If there are any questions of concerns during a stay, a patient or their
family members are free to bring them to the nurse or therapist's
attention so that we can maximize the time that a patient has here.
In order to charge Medicare for a Transitional Care patient, the following
criteria must be met.
- Patient must be a Part A enrollee and have benefit days available.
- Mandatory 3-day qualifying stay in the hospital.
- Medicare age or disability/disease eligibility requirements met.
- Patients Transitional Care admission condition is the same as the qualifying
- Patient is being admitted to Transitional Care within thirty days of discharge
from the hospital.
- The patient’s condition meets criteria to necessitate daily inpatient
skilled therapy and nursing rehabilitation.
Gunnison Valley Health Transitional Care
711 North Taylor Street | Gunnison, CO 81230 | 970-641-7209