Surgical Services at Gunnison Valley Health
State-of-the-Art Surgical Care in Gunnison Valley, Colorado
Gunnison Valley Health offers new state-of-the-art operating rooms, board
certified surgeons, and a highly skilled nursing staff working together
to perform surgeries.
Our fully equipped surgical suites accommodate the following procedures:
Our RN staff are all Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)-certified and
experienced in pre- and post-operative care as well as serving in the
operating room. We want to make things as comfortable as possible for
our surgical patients. We have added more space, more privacy, and healing
music to the pre-operative and post-operative areas. We hope to make your
surgical experience at our Gunnison Valley hospital as pleasant as possible!
It is important to remember these key considerations as you prepare for
- You must have nothing by mouth after midnight unless instructed differently.
- You must have a 24-hour caregiver in the home.
- You must have a ride home from the hospital.
What we are doing to keep you safe:
You will be tested for COVID-19 at least 72 hours prior to surgery. For
more information on this process,
download our patient information sheet for Surgery at Gunnison Valley Health.
- Day of surgery, you will be greeted by a nurse who will screen you for
symptoms, provide you with a mask and escort you to the operating room.
- You will recover in a private space in the surgical services department.
- UV Lytbot technology that eliminates bacteria and viruses is used after
- All staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including gowns,
gloves, masks and eye protection.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, we want to make your surgery and recovery
as convenient as possible. From anesthesia to post-operative care to preparing
things around your house, our
patient education guide contains all the information you need to know as you prepare for your
here to download the patient education guide.
Gunnison Valley Health Surgical Services
711 North Taylor Street | Gunnison, CO 81230 | 970-641-7240
Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.